Paper submissions are now closed apart from the Virtual Paper submissions (please see below) and in person presentations at the ICDE World Conference will be made in the following formats
• Digital Poster (100 word abstract)
The Digital Poster option allows you to present your work on one of our unique digital posters which will be on display throughout the conference. This format is ideal for generating interest in your project and/or research and engaging in personal conversations with conference delegates.
• Lightning Talk (150 word abstract)
The Lightning Talk option is a great way of sharing the main focus or key findings of your project and/or research with a wider audience using a lively, high energy, rapid fire format. Presenters will be limited to just a handful of slides and you will have no more than 5-minutes to make your pitch. At the end of each session delegates will be invited to then ask questions and discuss your work.
• Concise Paper (250 word abstract)
The Concise Paper option is ideally suited to smaller projects, new and emerging areas and interesting works in progress. Authors of Concise Papers only need to submit an Abstract and you will have 15 minutes to present the main findings of your project and/or research during the conference. All Concise Paper abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings.
• Full Paper (400 word abstract)
The Full Paper option allows you to present a longer written version of your project and/or research and your final blind peer reviewed submited paper (maximun 4000 words) will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Selected papers will also be published in a special conference issue of ICDE”s journal Open Praxis. Authors of full papers will have 20 minutes to present their work during a relevant conference strand.
- All paper categories have been subject to blind peer review by an International Expert Panel.
- Submission deadline has closed for papers with the exception of the new Virtual Paper category.
- If you would like to apply to submit a late paper due to special circumstances, then please email the Conference Chair. Late papers will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- With the exception of late papers and Virtual Papers all authors have been notified of the reviewers’ decision.
- All edits or revisions to Digital Posters, Lightning Talks, Concise Papers and Full Papers should have been completed by 1st August 2019.
- All accepted Full Papers should have been submited by 1st August using the appropriate template [Guidelines and Template for Full Papers]. Full Papers should be between 3000 and 4000 words using APA referencing.
- Instructions with precise size and format of Digital Posters will be provided when submissions have been accepted.
- We intend to recognise and present “best paper” awards under each submission type, including Virtual Papers. Best Full Papers will be invited to submit their paper for inclusion in a specal conference issue of Open Praxis.
- All Full Papers will be published in an open access book of ICDE World Conference proceedings shortly after the conference using a Creative Commons License.