Paper submissions are still open and presentations can be made in the following formats:
• Digital Poster (100 word abstract)
The Digital Poster option allows you to present your work on one of our unique digital posters which will be on display throughout the conference. This format is ideal for generating interest in your project and/or research and engaging in personal conversations with conference delegates.
• Lightening Talk (150 word abstract)
The Lightening Talk option is a great way of sharing the main focus or key findings of your project and/or research with a wider audience using a lively, high energy, rapid fire format. Presenters will be limited to just a handful of slides and you will have no more than 5-minutes to make your pitich. At the end of each session delegates will be invited to then ask questions and discuss your work.
• Concise Paper (250 word abstract)
The Concise Paper option is ideally suited to smaller projects, new and emerging areas and interesting works in progress. Authors of Concise Papers only need to submit an Abstract and you will have 15 minutes to present the main findings of your project and/or research during the conference. All Concise Paper abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings.
• Full Paper (400 word abstract)
The Full Paper option allows you to present a longer written version of your project and/or research and your final blind peer reviewed submited paper (maximun 4000 words) will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Selected papers will also be published in a special conference issue of ICDE”s journal Open Praxis. Authors of full papers will have 20 minutes to present their work during a relevant conference strand.
• Submission deadline is 3rd May 2019
• Authors will be notified of the reviewers’ decision by no later than 24th May 2019.
• Instructions with precise size and format of Digital Posters will be provided when submissions have been accepted.
• If Digital Posters, Lightening Talks or Concise Paper abstracts are accepted then authors must make revisions to their abstracts by 3rd June 2019.
• If Full Paper abstracts are accepted then authors must submit their completed full papers by 1st July using the appropriate template [Guidelines and Template for Full Papers]. Full Papers should be between 3000 and 4000 words.
• All paper categories will be subject to blind peer review and “best paper” awards will be recognised under each submission type.